2 Job offers - SUMMER PROJET MANAGER POSITIONS AT
* Candidates must have been in full-time studies during winter 2018 and plan to be back on fall 2018.
Project description :
L’Asterisk is a bilingual and non-commercial safer space for lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, non-binary, queer and questioning youth aged 14 to 25. L’Asterisk is a project run by the Montreal Coalition of LGBT Youth Groups and permanently houses Project 10, Jeunesse Lambda, and AlterHéros. As a result, LGBTQ + youth have access to information, services and activities under one roof, as well as peer support. The space is also available on request to LGBTQ + youth organizations who need a space to hold their activities and meetings.
Starting date: End of June, 2018
End of the contract: End of August 2018
Salary and type of position: Flexible hours. Salary and schedule to discuss.
Reporting directly to l’Asterisk project manager, summer project managers will have to organize, plan and animate certain activities of the summer program, in close collaboration with l’Asterisk roommates committee. Summer project managers will be involved in the development of communications and visuals. There is also a part of the job that is manual work, maintenance and space planning.
Examples of responsibilities:
- Support in the organization and animation of summer activities at l’Astérisk;
- Promotion activities: Open house, kiosks, neighborhood gathering, etc.
- Pride Montreal activities: show "Place à la relève", youth BBQ, community day, parade, etc.
- Social Media management
- Creation of visual content
- Work in collaboration with the Asterisk roommates committee, in a spirit of partnership and good communication.
- Manual work and maintenance of the space
- Painting, etc.
- Interior and exterior space planning
- Other related tasks, at the request of the coordination of l’Asterisk.
Qualities and aptitudes sought:
- To be able to express yourself in French and English
- Have a good knowledge of LGBTQ + youth realities
- Be flexible and organized
The Montreal Coalition of LGBT Youth Groups recognizes the contribution of people who identify with marginalized communities. As a youth project, we invite only people under 25 yo to apply.
Those interested in applying have until May 27th to send their CV and a presentation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org at the attention of Marie-Philippe Drouin.